IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL) is the most widely adopted framework for IT Service Management in the world. It is a practical approach to identifying, planning, delivering and supporting IT services to the business. It describes how IT resources should be organized to deliver business value, documenting the processes, functions and roles of IT Service Management (ITSM).
The acronym ITIL is a registered trademark of the United Kingdom’s Cabinet Office. Following this move, the ownership is now listed as being with HM Government rather than the Office of Government Commerce (OGC). The publications continue to be Crown Copyright.
AXELOS are a new joint venture company, created by the Cabinet Office on behalf of Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) in the United Kingdom and Capita plc to run the Best Management Practice portfolio, including the ITIL® and PRINCE2® professional standards..
AXELOS (The Accreditor) assess and license Examination Institutes (EIs) to administer ITIL accreditation and examination activities.
The name AXELOS gives us a platform to stand out as:
- A modern, ever-evolving company on the world stage
- With a key focus on investing and developing new products
- Delivering new, ever more innovative methods of learning.
AXELOS translates appropriately globally, has impact and carries a certain degree of weight. Added to which, it has knowledge and wisdom, and gives a sense of a company that, whilst new, is still imbued with solidity and integrity.
Why ITIL Certification?
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain a general overview, and basic knowledge and understanding of ITIL.
Successful completion of the Foundation qualification also fulfills the prerequisite entry criteria for the next level of study within the ITIL qualifications scheme, the ITIL Intermediate Level.
The Foundation Level is the entry level qualification which offers candidates a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
ITIL is the most recognized framework for IT service management in the world. ITIL helps service providers with best practice guidance on the provision of quality IT services, and the processes, functions and other capabilities needed to support them.
ITIL® Qualification Scheme
The ITIL Qualifications scheme provides a modular approach to the ITIL framework, and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL Best Practice, to various degrees of depth and detail.
These are the levels of qualifications within the scheme:
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Intermediate Level
- ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle
- ITIL Expert Level
- ITIL Master Qualification
The modular, tiered structure of the qualification not only offers candidates the flexibility in relating to the different disciplines and areas of ITIL, but generally makes ITIL qualifications more accessible and achievable.
ITIL Qualification Scheme Brochure
For to know more about ITIL, please click here
You can also visit ITIL official website for more information.
COBIT® 5 Foundation
COBIT 5 is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted framework. It provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT 5 embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
COBIT 5 provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. COBIT 5 helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
Why COBIT® 5 Foundation
- Achieve strategic goals and realise business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT.
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies and gain competitive edge over other organizations.
- Reduce complexity and increase cost-effectiveness due to improved and easier integration of information security standards, good practices and/or sector-specific guidelines resulting in operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology.
- Improved integration of information security in the enterprise, resulting in increased user satisfaction with information security arrangements and outcomes.
- Understanding of responsibilities and roles in cybersecurity within the organization.
- Better understanding of current cybersecurity posture and risks to the organization.
- Understanding of actions required to close gaps between current cybersecurity posture and target state.
COBIT® 5 Foundation
Obtaining the Foundation qualification will show that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance to be able to:
- Understand the governance and management of enterprise IT
- Create awareness with your business executives and senior IT management
- Assess the current state of enterprise IT in your department or organization
- Scope which aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
- Multiple Choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 mark or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minute duration
- Closed book.