Implementing the Operations Optimization Process
An operations improvement implementation can be complex and overwhelming. For over 24 years principals at O Squared Consulting have provided support to service, manufacturing and government entities; regionally and internationally.
Let us guide you through a process that is logical, repeatable and sustainable leaving you with a Management Operating System that will provide you with the tools to set clear expectations, provide the appropriate resources and training and hold leaders accountable for results.
The Operations Optimization process addresses business efficiency and effectiveness by interpreting, translating and aligning goals, removing barriers and non-value added activities, establishing best practices, developing management capabilities and ensuring appropriate, motivating rewards and recognition are in place to support the efforts.
INTERPRET, TRANSLATE & ALIGN GOALS
- What are the goals of each department?
- How do you ensure that all areas are working to support the overall objectives of the organization.
- What are the key indicators that will help management to quickly identify how each department is performing?
ELIMINATE BARRIERS & NON-VALUE ADDED ACTIVITIES
- How do you ensure that issues and roadblocks are removed permanently?
- How do you choose the problems to solve that will yield the best bottom line results?
- How do you streamline your processes to remove non value-added activities and bottlenecks?
ESTABLISH BEST PRACTICES
- How do you identify the activities that yield the best results and ensure they become standard practice?
- How do you make full use of the expertise and best practices in other areas of your organization?
- Are your procedures documented and being followed?
DEVELOP MANAGEMENT CAPACITY
- Is your management team effective?
- Are there standard training programs to develop the capacity for all levels of management?
- Is your team able to consistently deliver on planned results?
- What are your plans for succession?
ENSURE MOTIVATING REWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Are you rewarding results that are consistent with your goals?
- Does your program bolster teamwork?
- How do you eliminate negative competition?
- How do customers view your operation?